http://stackoverflow.com/questions/421389/is-this-thread-abort-normal-and-sa
> > fe
> >
> > This does not directly explain the access violation; however, it is
> > something
> > to think about.
> >

> Another informative explanation resource:
>
> http://www.albahari.com/threading/part4.aspx#_Aborting_Threads

Looking at the native resource handling code in System.Data.SQLite, it
occurs to
me that it would not respond well to a Thread.Abort call at the wrong time
(e.g. in
the Open method after the native database handle is returned and before it
is assigned
to the SQLite3 object instance).

In theory, all the code in System.Data.SQLite could be modified to be "safe"
when
confronted with Thread.Abort (i.e. wrap all native resource handling in a
finally
blocks); however, that would be a quite a bit of work for something that
should be a
corner case.

--
Joe Mistachkin