On 17 Oct 2012, at 4:58pm, Ivan P <iva...@cloudberrylab.com> wrote:

> Why the DELETE statement can eat so much memory?

Because it doesn't delete each one row singly, doing all the file updates that
are needed to delete that row, then move on to the next row.  If it did it
would take an extremely long time to operate.  Nevertheless it is definitely
not meant to ever crash in the way you're seeing.  It is meant to realise when
its available memory is full, flush changes to disk, then carry on.

> SQLite Expert shows the following DB properties:

Some of these (e.g foreign_keys) are not properties of the database, but of the
connection that SQLite Expert has opened to it, so they are not relevant to
anything you've been doing in the shell tool.  So instead we ask the following
questions:

Which version of Windows are you running ?  Did you specify any PRAGMAs in the
shell tool ?  Are you opening the file on a local disk or across a file sharing
connection ?

Simon.