On 10/28/12 10:58 AM, Simon Slavin wrote:
On 28 Oct 2012, at 2:48pm, David Barrett <dbarr...@expensify.com> wrote:

Wow, I didn't realize this was such a controversial question.
Not particularly controversial, just complicated, and not subject to a good
explanation other than reading lots of documentation about both engines.

Your description of your setup suggests two thing: first you're obsessed with
fragmentation when it has only a minor part to play in your problems, and
second that you should move to a database engine with server/client
organisation rather than trying to use SQLite in multi-user mode.  Any
description which includes 'often vacuum' suggests you're using the wrong tool
for the job.  Whether you'd be best with MySQL or ProgreSQL is another matter.

Simon.
I agree with Simon. I don't see that fragmentation is the issue here.

Bob