Quoting Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org>:
On 10 Nov 2012, at 7:21pm, stahl...@dbs.uni-hannover.de wrote:

Consider these two tables:

CREATE TABLE tab1 (x INTEGER PRIMARY KEY);
CREATE TABLE tab2 (x         PRIMARY KEY REFERENCES tab1);

Assuming they contain the same rows, I expect any query against 'tab1' to
return the same rows as against 'tab2'.

Sorry, but you are too optimistic.

Yeah, I notice that now. :-)

I would expect a schema design tool -- the sort where you move rectangles and pointers around -- to warn you when you put a pointer in from tab2 to tab1, that the affinities should match. But in a language where you specifically declare schema using text, I expect the programmer to have to do this him- or herself.

Fair enough.

Although I would (optimistically) hope that SQL schema definitions
(and thus schema design tools) were portable between DBSes.
But this can't happen with the impact SQLite's unique concept of
'type affinities' has on schemas.

Thanks for your help tough.
Christian