From: Igor Tandetnik [via SQLite]
[mailto:ml-node+s1065341n65606...@n5.nabble.com]
Sent: 19 November 2012 14:07
To: ZikO
Subject: Re: SQLite converts all unicode characters into ANSI

ZikO <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I then used the conding UTF-8 without BOM and the command was accepted but
> unfortunately I get the strange result:
> sqlite> select * from imiona;
> 1           01/01/2012  Masława    Mieczysława  Mieszka

This looks like correct UTF-8, it's just that the console window doesn't know
about that, and treats it as a string in current OEM codepage (so each byte of
a two-byte sequence is rendered as a separate character).

ł (U+0142, Latin Small Letter L with Stroke) is represented in UTF-8 as two
bytes C5 82, which happen to correspond to characters ┼ é in codepage 852
(Central European OEM codepage), as well as several others.

http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ManagementTools

I used SQLite 3 Explorer (http://www.singular.gr/sqlite/) and SQLite Manager
(http://sqlite-manager.googlecode.com/)
--
Igor Tandetnik

  _____

http://sqlite.1065341.n5.nabble.com/SQLite-converts-all-unicode-characters-into-ANSI-tp65589p65606.html

To unsubscribe from SQLite converts all unicode characters into ANSI, click
here
<http://sqlite.1065341.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=65589&code=emViaWtAb3AucGx8NjU1ODl8MTA0OTg0NDEw>
 .

<http://sqlite.1065341.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
 NAML

Thanks for your answer. It explained a lot. I have removed SQlite2009 as it was
showing all texts in similar faulty manner as cmd.exe. I’ll try different
managers. Thanks.