The Win CodePage for among other languages with some "exotic" diacritics is

http://www.science.co.il/language/character-code.asp?s=1250

The input file needs to be converted with a tool. Perhaps this one?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cp-converter/

Michal Walczak <michal.walc...@studentpartner.com> wrote:

 Because I am Polish, I am using the extended ASCII charset, also my
username uses it. Apparently SQLite is not able to process
> the file name with the file path which includes this characters.

Is
 too. sqlite3_open[_v2] accepts file names in UTF-8 encoding, while
sqlite3_open16 accepts file names in UTF-16 encoding. You would need to
convert your file names from this "extended ASCII" (by which I imagine
you mean "system-default codepage", aka CP_ACP) to one of the two
supported encodings.

Cordiali saluti/Vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,Klaas V