I'm having some unexpected results using PRAGMA journal_mode = PERSIST;

My general flow runs something like:

open(DBA)
PRAGMA journal_mode = PERSIST;
ATTACH DBB
SQL ...
close()

If the DBA.journal file exists, it's deleted before the attach (though I
haven't identified exactly where.  I can if important.)
During the close, the DBA.mjxxxxx is deleted as is the DBB.journal file.
The DBA.journal file is not deleted until the next time I open it.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks,

Marc

* Marc L. Allen               *  "... so many things are         *
*                             *  possible just as long as you    *
* Outsite Networks, Inc.      *  don't know they're impossible." *
* (757) 853-3000 #215         *                                  *
* mlal...@outsitenetworks.com<mailto:mlal...@outsitenetworks.com> *       --
The Phantom Tollbooth   *