Hello:

I have started using the markdown feature for embedded documentation
files. I'm using Fossil from trunk, version [9d657c3be5] 2013-01-15,
compiled myself on the two machines of interest to me. My local
machine is running Debian 7 on x86 32 bit and the remote server is
running a modified version of CentOs 5 on x86 64 bit.

The compile instructions on both machines are:

  ./configure --markdown
  make

The Admin-Settings-markdown flag is set ON for both the local and
remote repositories.

The local repository is accessed using the command line instruction:

  fossil ui

The remote repository is accessed via the browser with a url of the
form:

  http://www.host.com/site/library.cgi/repo-name

where library.cgi uses the documented script method of invoking
Fossil:

  #!/path-to/fossil
  directory: /path-to-repo/fossils
  notfound: http://url-to-go-to-if-repo-not-found/

The 'site' sub-directory in the remote url should not impact on the
problem here.

The repository home page consists of a few lines of text and a
number of links to other embedded documentation pages.

I have two versions of the home page:

1. index.wiki with links of the form [/doc/tip/overview.mkd | Overview]

2. index.mkd with links of the form [Overview](/doc/tip/overview.mkd)

By changing the Admin-Configuration-Index Page string, I can choose
the active version of the home page.

The wiki version of the home page operates correctly with the links
transformed to include the correct url on both local and remote
machines.

The markdown version operates correctly on the local machine where
the links use the pattern:

  http://localhost:8080/doc/tip/overview.mkd

However, markdown version on the remote machine has an incomplete
link:

  http://www/host.com/doc/tip/overview.mkd

when it should be:

  http://www/host.com/site/library.cgi/doc/tip/overview.mkd

As a result, the desired page is not found when the link is clicked.
If I enter the correct url into the browser address bar then the
page is displayed as expected.

Since the embedded documentation pages are written on my local
machine and then committed to the repository, with subsequent sync
to the remote machine, the identical markdown link urls should
operate correctly in both situations. It does not make sense to
include an absolute path url for the remote repository access.

Is there any configuration change I can make to overcome this
problem, or am I detecting a weakness in the markdown interface
for Fossil?

Thanks,
Chris Peachment