Hello,

I can observe a behaviour that I do not understand.

[context]
I have an application that links whith sqlite3.dll. I can open a
document, and perform a query on it. That query is using an aggregate
function, that I have created myself using the callbacks like
sqlite_aggr_indexset_step...
It works very well.

[what I do not understand]
I perform a computer cold boot, launch my app, opens a doc, perform the
query. The sqlite3_step() takes some time (a few seconds).It's ok, the
query is rather complex.
Now, I close my doc, reopens it. The same query performs very fast.
I close my app, restart it, open the doc, perform the query, and one
again it goes very fast.
I stop the computer, restart it, redo the above, and that time, the
query is slow.

Is there some global cache retained by sqlite3.dll that makes my query
faster ? Could it be rather related to some hard disk cache ? (please
note that my database files where the query is done are about 150MB)
Any hint ?

Regards,

Pierre Chatelier