On 4 Mar 2013, at 4:13pm, Eleytherios Stamatogiannakis <est...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way in SQLite to have a full covering index on a table without
> also storing the duplicate table?

Can we ask why you care about this ?  Do you have a huge table which is taking
a huge amount of space, and you're trying to fit it on a Flash Drive ?  Can you
distinguish between "I think it could be smaller." and "It's just a little too
big and that means I can't use SQLite for this." ?

The most compact way of carrying SQLite databases around is to use the shell
tool to dump the database to a SQL text file, then use a compression utility
(e.g. ZIP) to compress that text file.  But without knowing your situation I
can't tell if that would help you.

> A first shot toward a partial solution would be to declare all the columns on
> the table as primary keys:
>
> create table t(a,b,c, primary key(a,b,c));

Sorry, but it doesn't help.  Even fields in the primary key are stored twice.

Simon.