Richard Hipp <drh@...> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Tom Matrix <ratomatrix@...> wrote:
>

> > I’ve encountered a problem, which is hardly reproducable on arbitrary
> > databases, therefore I attached one.
> >

> A simple, reproducible test case for (what we think is) your problem can be
> seen in this ticket:
>
>      www.sqlite.org/src/tktview/fc7bd6358f59b
>
> This bug has been latent in SQLite for almost four years and you are the
> first to hit it.  Probably this is because not many applications contain
> A=B in the WHERE clause where A is a text expression and B is an integer
> expression.  You can probably work around the problem by changing your
> schema so that entries.measurementid is an integer rather than text.  This
> does not excuse SQLite:  It is still getting the wrong answer and needs to
> be fixed.  We are working on a fix now.  But a simple change to your schema
> will work around the problem and get you going even before that fix is
> available.

Very good example, thank you! It really solved my problem. Nevertheless, I think
I don't have to mention that entries.measurementid must have been an integer,
and this bug must be fixed in our schema, too.

My only remaining concern is, however: Should not SQLite give an error (or at
least a warning) in cases where a foreign key constraint refers to a different
data type?

Thanks again,
Tamás