Sqlitge3_close() might be your problem that's masking the real error.
You can't close what never got opened.

-----Original Message-----
From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of Rob Collie
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 7:54 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] SQL Logic error or missing database

Hello there,

For my sins, I'm trying to create a library allowing our legacy fortran
code to work with SQL.

Calling this from fortran...

CALL EXECUTESQL('dbTest'//CHAR(0), cQuery, iReturnValue)
...runs the following code, and yet the error returned is 'SQL Logic error
or missing database'. No file is ever created. Is there something dumb I'm
missing here?

extern "C"
{

 void EXECUTESQL(char *dataBase, char *query, int returnValue)
 {

  // Checking the incoming data from FORTRAN
  CStringW wName(dataBase);
  MessageBoxW( NULL, wName, L"Name: ", MB_OK );

  // Create the object
  sqlite3 *oDatabase;

  // Create the error objects
  char *sErrorMessage;
  // Open/create the table, if required
  returnValue = sqlite3_open_v2(dataBase, &oDatabase,
SQLITE_OPEN_READWRITE|SQLITE_OPEN_CREATE, "");
  if (returnValue != SQLITE_OK )
  {
   sqlite3_close(oDatabase);
   MessageBoxA(NULL, sqlite3_errstr(returnValue), "SQL Open Error", MB_OK);
   return;
  }

Rob.