On 23 Apr 2013, at 2:11pm, "Jay, Jayavasanthan John" <jayavasant...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Or, is there any other package which doesn't have these dependencies for
> encrypting and decrypting SQLite databases.

I cannot answer your questions about SQLCipher, but the main authors of SQLite
produce two encryption systems for SQLite:

<http://www.hwaci.com/cgi-bin/see-step1>

<http://www.hwaci.com/cgi-bin/scerod-step1>

SEE does live encryption and decryption.  CEROD is for cases where you want to
distribute a large encrypted compressed read-only database.  Both of them are
complete in their C source code: neither have any dependencies on anything
external apart from SQLite itself.  The $2,000 fee is basically permission to
use all versions of the product forever, with good sample code and support
included.

Simon.