On Thu, 2 May 2013 16:58:01 +0200
"Jan Slodicka" <j...@resco.net> wrote:

> Hi Dan
>
> > What are your settings for pragmas "cache_size", "journal_mode" and
> > "synchronous"?
>
> cache_size/synchronous - default values
>
> Don't remember, which journal_mode was used for testing. Should be
> WAL, but I might have been lazy to write needed code. The source code
> was meanwhile modified, but I can write it again if necessary.

Maybe the delay at the end of the operation was an automatic
checkpoint. I think that would explain why sqlite3_interrupt()
and the others did not help.

Maybe you can run the checkpoint in a background thread after
rebuilding the FTS index or something.

If you don't mind locking the database, you could also try the
rebuild in rollback mode. It might be a little slower overall,
but it might also be more responsive as far as
sqlite3_interrupt() goes.