On 12 May 2013 at 19:15, Paul van Helden <p...@planetgis.co.za> wrote:

> I can live with SELECT 1/2 vs SELECT 1.0/2. The problem is that there is no
> way to specify a float when you insert into a NUMERIC. 1.0 turns into an
> integer. Then you do a division on all rows with an SQL select and you get
> mixed results because some rows have floats and some rows have integers. In
> C, 1/2=0. In Pascal 1/2=0.5. Oracle/MSSQL/others act like C, MySQL acts
> like Pascal. This is not my main issue. Consistency throughout a table, is.

You need to read the documentation, seems to me. Here:

http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html

in particular, where it seems quite clear to me that what you need is to define
your columns as REAL rather than NUMERIC. Then your data will always be of type
REAL.

Note that there is no NUMERIC type, only a NUMERIC affinity. Your data will by
default have NUMERIC affinity if you try to give it type NUMERIC, but that's
just a coincidence, far as I can tell.

--
Cheers  --  Tim