On 27/05/2013 9:40 PM, Woody Wu wrote:
On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 04:31:25PM +0100, Simon Slavin wrote:
On 27 May 2013, at 4:22pm, Woody Wu <narkewo...@gmail.com> wrote:

If Yaffs2 is the cause, how can I write an effective test to exposure it?
Do you have an opportunity to format the same drive in a different format ?
I'm not telling you to change your long-term practises, just to try a different
format for testing.  Reformat it, run your identical testing program, and see
if it fails in the same way.

Also I liked Richard's point: are you testing on a cheap Flash drive ?  Perhaps
one intended only for use with FAT and therefore only tested for use with FAT ?
Can you experts explains why a cheap Flash drive can harm an
application such as sqlite? Does you mean these cheap drive was cheating
with ECC? Otherwise, filesystem should be able to capture IO error (fix
it or forward), right?
Cheap (aka counterfeit) flash drives are notorious for advertizing more space to the OS than they actually have, and so at some point writes start to silently erase data that was written earlier.

Ryan