On 7 Jun 2013, at 8:57am, Gabriel Corneanu <gabrielcorne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW I found this by opening some file over network, which of course made
> everything worse.
> [...]
> Not that I really need, but I have to support specified data rates up to 100k
> records / second.

Maximum speed of a SQLite database is usually limited by speed of rotating hard
disk.  If you do the maths on rotational latency you'll find there's no way to
get 100k disk accesses per second.  SSD improves on this.

Do you have to support 100k records/second over network ?  If so,

what networking (Ethernet ?  WiFi ?) are you using
what networking file system are you using, what
what kind of mass storage device is your database file stored on ?

Simon.