Wenda,

Clearly, in spite of you affirming having included the SQLite assembly in
your references, the IDE isn't finding the SQLite package.  If you say it's
not a problem of "using ;" directive, then the reference must be pointing
to a bad location (in this case it would get the standard
exclamation-yellow-triangle when you look at it in Solution Explorer).
Without more information on the specifics of your environment, though, I
cannot be sure.

Hope that helps,

          -Tiago

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Wenda Stephens <wenda...@comcast.net>wrote:

> I am trying to learn SQLite due to attempting to code my first Windows 8
> app, which seems to use no other database but SQLite.. Also due to W8 apps
> needing to use async in a somewhat new style of async, the only tutorial I
> found on it was from Channel 9..
>
> http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Visual-Studio-Toolbox/Using-SQLite-in-Windows
> -Store-Apps ..  Which brought in SQLite through tools/extensions &
> updates..
> So SQLite Windows Runtime and C++ Runtime Package are in my Reference..
> Then he had me also add in some Linq handling  with a Nuget package from
> tools/Library Package Manager and pulled down SQLite.net.
>

> So first few lines of code, and anything with the word SQLite  blows up..
> if I opp. Click on the error there is not help to find a missing using
> statement, and on one of the pages in the video I can see the using
> statements and nothing seems extra from normal default..
>

> But with the two following Statements the word SQLite.  Is not liked by the
> code.. What am I missing??
>

> using (var db = new SQLite.SQLiteConnection(dBPath))
>
> {
>
>      // Create the tables if they don't exist
>
>        db.CreateTable<AdKills>();
>
> }
>

> class AdKills
>
>     {
>
>         [SQLite.PrimaryKey]
>
>         public Int64 KillKey { get; set; }
>
>         public Int64 AdNumber { get; set; }
>
>         public Int64 UnassignedAdNumber { get; set; }
>
>     }
>

> Thanks in advance

In those days, in those distant days, in those nights, in those remote
nights, in those years, in those distant years...
          - Gilgamesh, Enkidu and the Underworld