On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Klaus Keppler <k...@keppler-it.de> wrote:

>  If you compile with SQLITE_DEBUG=1 then you get an assertion fault
>> beginning with check-in
>> (http://www.sqlite.org/src/**info/38852f158a<http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/38852f158a>).
>>  The
>> problem exists in both 3.7.17 and the new 3.8.0.
>>

> Good to know (SQLITE_DEBUG), I'll consider this next time!
>

>  So, I theorize that this problem was not introduced by recent changes, but
>> rather recent changes exposed a long-standing problem.
>>

> I tried this also with 3.7.16.2, which doesn't return a result at all.
> Only when I replace "SD_MAILSERVERID=MS_ID" with "SD_MAILSERVERID=1", the
> query works. But maybe this is just a side-effect and/or has been fixed
> with 3.7.17.

The assert() that was failing is clearly wrong.  So the solution to that
problem is simply to remove the assert().  The existance or non-existence
of that assert() should not change the answer, though. So the assert() is
not the problem.

But after I remove the assert(), I cannot reproduce your problem.  I always
get four result rows, respectively: x2, x3, x4, and x5.  I've tried this
with 3.7.15, 3.7.16, 3.7.16.2, 3.7.17, and the latest trunk.  And I've
tried it using your original database and after dropping the SQLITE_STAT1
table.  Do you have any further clues for me?

>  Klaus:  Can you please send written permission for us to use the schema,
>>

> Of course - that's the least I can do.
>
> Best regards,
>
>    -Klaus
>

> --
> Keppler IT GmbH - Die Hostingexperten.
>
> Dipl.-Inf. Klaus Keppler    Tel. (09131) 691-480
> Geschäftsführer             Fax: (09131) 691-489
>
> Am Weichselgarten 7         UStID.-Nr. DE259788698
> 91058 Erlangen              Amtsgericht Fürth, HRB 11477
> www.keppler-it.de           Sitz d. Gesellschaft: Erlangen

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org