Is this some mental exercise? Why can't you do this in the calling code
rather than some funky SQL select?
Or add a custom function?

-----Original Message-----
From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of Mikael
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2013 8:54 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database; luu...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Anything like "select 7 as a, 8 as b, a / b as c; "
possible whatsoever?

Ah I realize now I didn't write it out in the example, but by thing and
thing2 I just allegorically wanted to represent a *very complex* subselect,
so here we go more clearly:

Inlining this subselect's SQL expression in the "A / B" part would make it
need to execute once more, which would make it take double the time, which
would be really long.

So again,

SELECT
id,
(SELECT [very complex subselect here, that uses categories.id as input]) AS
a,
(SELECT [another very complex subselect here, that uses categories.id as
input]) AS b,
a / b AS c
FROM categories
ORDER BY c;