> Look up the last_insert_rowid() you want and store it in your programming
> language.  That's what programming languages are for.  But if you want to do
> it less efficiently ...

Hey Simon,
That is the procedure I utilize normally, the requirement for this specific
case is
that the entire set of inserts into table_a be bundled with their associated
inserts
into table_b in one statement where I won't have the luxury of an iterative
approach.

So all of these lines of sql will be sent as one statement.

Normally I would just use variables, but we know this is not an option so I was
hoping
to find a way to accomplish this otherwise.

Thanks,
jlc