I think I prefer something along the lines of "unlikely" or "likely". The
problem with a term like "selective" (at least in my brain) is that it
doesn't imply (for the single argument version) in what way it is being
selective.

If a negative form of the magic function is used ("unlikely", "seldom",
etc) I would suggest considering inverting the optional second parameter.
In other words, 0.05 would become 0.95. In my opinion, that reads better:
"unlikely(COLUMN LIKE '%pattern%', 0.95)" reads "it is unlikely the
expression will be true 95% of the time".

In like fashion, a positive form of the magic function would keep the
current meaning of the optional second parameter.

Just ideas, I'm not married to them. Thanks for the discussion.

SDR