On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Hick Gunter <h...@scigames.at> wrote:

> This is an EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN of one of the statements used to generate a
> report:
> [...]
> There are several CASE...END clauses and a UNION (of transaction data)
> cross joined to in-memory tables (of configuration data).
> Note that the sgb_dd_prize_level table is referenced by INDEX 1 (which is
> nice to know) several times, but no indication of the fields used is given.
> The following is clipped from the EXPLAIN of the same statement where
> select #3 is implemented:
> [...]

Thanks a bunch Gunter for the detailed explanation. I was already looking
at the VDBE code for prepared statements to "introspect" view definitions
to figure out which (v)table(s) they access (w/o resorting to brittle
re-parsing or textual search in the query text), but I never pushed my
analysis to the point of figuring out which index(es) would get used,
etc... I think it will take me a while to figure out exactly what you mean
above, before I can apply it to my own unit testing. Thanks again, --DD