Von: Simon Slavin [mailto:slav...@bigfraud.org]
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. November 2013 18:08
An: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Betreff: Re: [sqlite] EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN

On 15 Nov 2013, at 4:29pm, jose isaias cabrera <cabr...@wrc.xerox.com> wrote:

Is there any place that explain each of this entries?

<http://www.sqlite.org/opcode.html>

However, don't feel you should understand them.  They're for geeks only.

The output from EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN can be very useful for people trying to optimize their code. The output from EXPLAIN is really just for developers and geeks trying to understand SQLite itself. If you need the output of EXPLAIN to explain why your code doesn't work, you have serious problems.

So yes, use EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN if you think it helps. But use EXPLAIN only if you have spare time.

Simon.

Gunter Hick
Software Engineer
Scientific Games International GmbH
Klitschgasse 2 – 4, A - 1130 Vienna, Austria
FN 157284 a, HG Wien
Tel: +43 1 80100 0
E-Mail: h...@scigames.at

This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice as to its status and accordingly please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any person as to do so could be a breach of confidence. Thank you for your cooperation.