Dear List,

I receive data records from various sources. I can't influence their formats.
These data records are containing datetimestamps like this (without the
doublequotes):

"06-May-12 18:57:41 BST"
"Nov-22-13 22:58:10 PST"
"23-Nov-13 08:56:57 GMT"
"22.11.13    00:33:32 MEZ"
"23-Nov-13 18:57:40 AEDST"
"23-Nov-13 01:58:10 EST"

I want to automatically convert these datetimestamps into standard UTC.

Currently I am using a "manual approach" by:
a) converting the datetimestamp into the common format " YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM"
b) reading the time zone code (e.g., BST)
c) looking-up the timezone indicator for this time zone code (e.g. -01:00)
(see paragraph "Formats 2 through 10 may be optionally followed by a timezone
indicator..."
on page http://sqlite.org/lang_datefunc.html )
d) and appending this indicator to an SQL statement.

My SQL statements look like this:
SELECT datetime('2012-05-06T18:57:41-01:00');

Is there a clever way to convert these datetimestamps into standard UTC ?

I don't want to "mess around" with the local timezone of the server
on which sqlite3 is running. This approach is not portable.

The Unix/Linux 'date' utility is not portable either.

Thanks a lot

bernie