Hi Carlos,

On 29/11/2013 9:33 PM, Carlos Ferreira wrote:
Any of you know how to speed up the creation of empty tables in SQlite?

If I have to create more than 1000 empty tables to initialize my application
document it takes a while..

Is there any workaround?

Workaround:
1. I would probably create the database with all the empty tables once and store it as a file. Whenever a new one is needed, I'd make a copy of it and use that. The copy may be a file or a blob in memory within your program or a blob in a database that you're using for your program, etc. This is assuming that the SQLite3 table creation is indeed slow. I have never tried with 1000 empty tables, so I'm not sure that it is. 2. If it is an option, do a lazy creation of tables - create only the tables that are needed when they are needed. Frankly, if you often read and write from the database, this is a bit painful since you have to add quite a few more checks

As always, some of the other things that can give you a bit more speed:
* Transactions
* The correct kind of journal mode (including moving it to memory)
etc.

Best Regards,
Mohit.