Hello "CTE in SQLite" fans,

To get CTE in SQLite, I guess we must answer by the example the fears
expressed by Simon and Rsmith.

I propose the following method :
  - unproven-demand :
    ==> publish on this mailing list external "CTE for SQLite"
implementations,
    ==> if there is demand :
            . they should become popular and improve quickly,
            . the number of implementations should grow.

  - code size + performance increase fear :
    ==>  from the external implementations :
            . develop knowledge of the algorithm to implement in SQLite,
            . implement it in a true SQLite 'fossil' branch, with those two
goals in mind.

Here is my first implementation in Python (very rough and unclean, please
apologize) :

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/stonebig/baresql/blob/master/examples/baresql_with_cte_code_included.ipynb

I encourage other "CTE in SQlite" fans to :
 - create and publish theirs, from this first example,
 - provide links to other existing ones,
 - then to start 'CTE' SQlite patches in Fossil.

Regards,