On 01/09/2014 03:38 PM, Dominique Devienne wrote:
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Navaneeth K N <n...@riseup.net> wrote:

I am seeing a change in the results returned for a query in SQLIte 3.8.2
version. The query used to return expected results with 3.7.7 and when I
updated to 3.8.2, it changed the results.

Here is a test case:

         CREATE TABLE test(name text, value text);
         insert into test values ('first', 't');
         insert into test values ('second', 'T');

Now execute the following query in 3.7.7 version:
         sqlite> select lower(value) as value from test group by value;

[DD] that's not what I'd expect. This looks like 'select lower(value) as
value from test group by lower(value)' to me. i.e. group first, then lower
the grouped values.

Now execute the same query in 3.8.2 which returns

[DD] This is what I expect from your query, so it's more a bug fix IMHO.
Someone will soon point out exactly what commit/bug was fixed in SQLite I'm
sure.

Probably this:

  http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/f2d175f975

Fix first appeared in 3.8.0.