On 23 Jan 2014, at 1:58pm, Joachim Bürmann <jbuerm...@iftools.com> wrote:

> On a certain customer system (Windows7 64bit) the application cannot
> read the example project files (created with sqlite3.6 library). And
> when the user stores his own settings in a new project, the project file
> is saved as a version 2.1 file (** This file contains an SQLite 2.1
> database...) instead of a sqlite3 compatible file (SQLite format 3...)

The calls to anything that can make a version 2.1 file have different names.
It can't just be a case of calling the wrong 'sqlite_open()' function because
the function is actually called 'sqlite3_open()' with the '3' right there in
the name.

> But because the sqlite functionality is part of the application (static
> linked), the program should never able to access an external sqlite DLL.

I don't think that that logic is correct.  Can you run 'strings' (or whatever
the Windows7 equivalent is) on the compiled file and see whether there are any
mentions of 'sqlite2' ?  Is there a debugging tool which will list the names of
all routines which are called ?  Ignore whether it is internal or external,
just look at the routine names.

I suspect that that particular customer computer has something weird loaded.

Simon.