On 1 Feb 2014, at 3:53am, Labar, Ken <kla...@hach.com> wrote:

> Upgrading  from  3.7.14.1 to 3.8.2 our previously sorted queries are no
> longer sorted.
> Testing this same database with the win7 binary 3.8.2 the query is correctly
> sorted.

Does your query include an ORDER BY clause ?  If not, then you cannot rely on
sorted results.  Even if the query returns sorted results during testing,
changes in the data that may happen at your client's site (running ANALYZE,
more rows, rows inserted in a different order, different version of your
operating system or disk operating system) may mean that one of your customer
units starts returning differently sorted results for no apparent reason.

Your fix is to have an appropriate ORDER BY clauses in each SELECT.  This will
guarantee correct results in all future versions of SQLite no matter what
hardware and OS you're using.

On the other hand, if you have a query that contains an ORDER BY clause and
your results are not in that order, please post your schema and the query,
since that suggests a serious bug in SQLite and we'd love to know about it.

Simon.