Hi,

I would like to use sqlite for storing temperature data acquired every
10s running on my raspberry pi.
As my first SD card died within a week with this workload, I am
looking for opportunities to reduce write operations triggered by
fsyncs to flash.
For me loosing 1h of data at a power failure isn't an issue, however
the DB shouldn't be corrupt afterwards.

I found the pragma "synchronous", which when set to "NORMAL" does seem
to do exactly what I am looking for - when sqlite is used in WAL mode.
Am I right that with this configuration, fsync is only executed very seldomly?

> In WAL mode when synchronous is NORMAL (1), the WAL file is synchronized
> before each checkpoint
> and the database file is synchronized after each completed checkpoint and the
> WAL file header is synchronized
> when a WAL file begins to be reused after a checkpoint, but no sync
> operations occur during most transactions.

Thank you in advance, Clemens