All --

My $0.02 is to not change anything except maybe, perhaps printing a warning
message.

If they want to create a persistent DB, .quit ; and start over with a dbname on
the command line ...

I am afraid any such change might break existing bash and bat scripts I've got
'out there in the wild'.

Thanks for letting me pipe-in ...

-- kjh