On Fri, 2/21/14, Clemens Ladisch <clem...@ladisch.de> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [sqlite] partially excluding records
 To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
 Date: Friday, February 21, 2014, 1:38 PM

 David Bicking wrote:
 >> The complication is that if a given key has any non-C value, the C values
 >> are to be excluded.

> First, just exclude all C values:
> ... WHERE Status <> 'C' ...

 > If there are only C values, they are to be included.
 >Then do the same query again, but with the all-C keys:

>   UNION ALL
>   SELECT ...
>   WHERE Key NOT IN (SELECT Key FROM T1 WHERE Status <> 'C')

Reality is that the "Key" is a combination of 3 or 4 fields.  I suppose I can
concatenate the fields, but that seems overly ugly.
And the select and existing part of the where clause are complicated, so if I
can avoid repeating all of that, I'd rather avoid doing it as a union query.

But if needs must, I will go with this idea.

Thanks,
David