On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:06 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> Once you do that, you'll see that the opcode sequence is only slightly
> different between the two.  They should both run at about the same speed.
> I doubt you'll be able to measure the difference.

Actually a comparatively long (10,000,000 elements) CTE for random
integer generation shows difference 20 vs 38 seconds. I suppose pure
min should use linear search while "order by" one uses temporal b-tree
(exlain query also hints about this). Sure unless sqlite has some
detection of "order by limit 1" pattern redirecting it to linear
search.

Max