On 17 Apr 2014, at 11:24pm, David Clark <quincy...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If I have a table of
> field1 varchar(25)
> field2 varchar(50)
> field3 varchar(75)

You don't.  SQLite does not support a datatype of varchar().  Fields you
declare like that will be implemented as TEXT fields and handled the same as
any other TEXT field, and the length of the contents ignored.

> I know sqlite does not enforce limits, but in my program it would be useful
> if I could find the declared lengths of
> 25, 50 and 75 in this case.  How might I do that in sqlite?

Technically you could retrieve and parse the CREATE command used to make the
TABLE and figure them out.  But since they aren't going to be enforced there's
little point.

There are ways to enforce field length limits entirely within SQLite but
they're complicated so post again if you want me to explain TRIGGERs.

Simon.