Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 8:03 AM, <c...@isbd.net> wrote:
>
> > In the documentation at http://www.sqlite.org/lang_corefunc.html
> > there's a printf function, however when I try and use it in sqlite3
> > (on xubuntu 13.10) it says "Error: no such function: printf".
> >
> > Is this because I need to load some extra library to make it work or
> > is it just not available in the version of sqlite3 on Ubuntu, or what?
> >
> > All the other functions in 'core functions' seem to work.
> >

> The printf() function was added for SQLite version 3.8.3.  What version of
> SQLite does xubuntu have installed?

Ah, that explains it, thank you!

Xubuntu 13.10 (which I'm currently using) has sqlite 3.7.17.

Xubuntu 14.04 has sqlite 3.8.2, I'm not sure if they're likely to move
to anything newer during its lifetime.

I guess I could build/install a newer sqlite on my system.
Alternatively are there any other reasonably practical ways to format
numeric output?  Specifically I want to format floating point numbers
into a fixed format like NNN.N.

--
Chris Green
ยท