On 30 Jun 2014, at 4:58pm, Nick Eubank <nickeub...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Cory -- is this fixed in 64 bit versions of SQLite? I know postgres
> never changed memory address variable storage in the 64 bit so the problem
> persists.

You are misunderstanding the problem.  There is no bug to be fixed.  It is in
the nature of 32-bit Windows that no process has access to more than 4Gig of
memory.  In your case, with your version of Windows, it's 2Gig.  Only Microsoft
can fix this and they did that by releasing a 64-bit version of Windows.

So you need a 64-bit version of R, 64-bit ODBC drivers (which means 64-bit
version of Office if you have it), and a 64-bit version of Windows.

> Also: any advice on getting a 64bit installation for someone who doesn't
> really know how to compile C?

I don't know much about that, but this page might be relevant:

<http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/>

Simon.