Joe Mistachkin <sqlite@...> writes:

> Steven Davisworth wrote:
> >
> > I've just upgraded PC to 64bit (new PC) and installed VS2013. I've
> followed
> > standard install instructions as outlined in web posts I've come across
> for
> > EF6. I've used Syatem.Data.SQLite.EF6 1.0.93.0   Windows (.NET
Framework
> > 4.5.1) and seem to be getting the same sorts of errors listed above.
> >

> What are the specific errors?  I did not see them when I did the testing
of
> this scenario.  Can you provide the System.Data.SQLite setup package logs?
>
> The log files should be located in the %TEMP% directory on the machine.
> They
> will have names similar to "Setup Log 2012-12-18 #001.txt" and
> "Installer.exe.trace.tmp29.log".
>

> > All posts I've come across seem to have the same problem. A heap load
of
> > suggestions that don't work.
> >

> I've seen some of those same posts as well.  However, it's important to
note
> that people may not always report when they succeed at making it
work...  :)

> > I've tried the GACing thing as well (contrary to what some posts say) Is
> > this a common issue and will it be addressed soon? (Hope my question is
> not
> > redundant but as I said loads of advice out there but non seem to work)
> >

> In the official documentation for Entity Framework 6, it is unclear to me
> whether or not their providers need to be registered machine-wide.
Clearly,
> the design-time components in Visual Studio need various kinds of
> machine-wide
> configuration, hence the confusion here (i.e. especially since the
> components
> are in completely different assemblies).
>
> --
> Joe Mistachkin

Hi Joe
Thanks for your response.
Installs
sqlite-netFx451-setup-bundle-x86-2013-1.0.93.0
Start VS 2013 and open project
NuGet Package Manager - System.Data.SQLite.EF6 (x86/x64)
             included install - EF 6.1.0
                               System.Data.SQLite.Core (x86/x64)
Rebuild done
Add New – Data – ADO.NET Entity Data Model
Choose Model Contents – EF Designer from database
New Connection – Data Provider is .NET Framework Data Provider for SQLite
Browse to Database – Test OK – Next

I get “Your project references the latest version of Entity Framework,
however, an Entity Framework database provider compatible with this version
could not be found for your data connection…”
“Next button is greyed out”

I’ve looked for setup logs but can’t seem to find any. (did C: search for
Installer.exe.trace.*)

PS. When running the Test.exe from the “C:\Program Files (x86)
\System.Data.SQLite\2013\bin” the app loads but when I configure connection
string to point to northwindEF.db I get
“Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.93.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=db937bc2d44ff139’ or one of its
dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with the incorrect
format.”

Help :-)...