"Igor Tandetnik" wrote...

On 7/15/2014 10:21 PM, jose isaias cabrera wrote:
SELECT * from startcodes where code = 'e';

but I want to search only from id >= 8 and <= 14.

Just say so:

SELECT * from startcodes where code = 'e' and id between 8 and 14;

I know I can do a WHERE id BETWEEN 8 AND 14, but is there another faster way?

So you already know the answer. How exactly does it fail to satisfy your requirements?

Well, it was not that is not satisfying, but I have a huge DB and I thought that I can set the boundaries before the search and allow the SELECT to have less rows to work with. But, your answer has satisfied me. Thanks again, o'great one.

josé