Hi,

Von: Drago, William @ MWG - NARDAEAST

> Does it matter if I group all of my CREATE INDEX statements at the end of
> my .sql file or should they appear right after each CREATE TABLE statement?
> Does SQLITE care one way or another?

Semantically, it's equivalent (apart from the fact that you get different
artifacts when one of the intermediate operation fails for whatever reason).

But the performance may be different - if a single table and its indices fit
into RAM (os disk caches), but the whole database does not, performing the
CREATE INDEX statements right after the corresponding CREATE TABLE statements
may be faster, depending on your I/O system, as it can fetch the table contents
from RAM during index creation.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

CODESYS(r) a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH

Inspiring Automation Solutions

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Schaber | Product Development Core Technology
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany
Tel. +49-831-54031-979 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

E-Mail: m.scha...@codesys.com | Web: http://www.codesys.com | CODESYS store:
http://store.codesys.com
CODESYS forum: http://forum.codesys.com

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade
register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915

not the intended recipient (or have received
this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure
or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.