From: "Frank Millman" <fr...@chagford.com>Thanks for the reply, Richard.
WITH RECURSIVE temp(x) AS (
  SELECT 1 UNION ALL SELECT x+1 FROM temp WHERE x<5
)
SELECT x FROM temp UNION SELECT x+5 FROM temp;
   And did indeed get integers 1 through 10 as an answer.
I get the same error as before - 'no such table: temp'.

Could it be a version problem? I am using the version bundled with Python3.4.1 for Windows.

sqlite3.sqlite_version shows '3.8.3.1'

I have just tried it on a Fedora 18 machine, which has version 3.7.13. There it gives 'near "WITH": syntax error'

It seems that the WITH statement is a fairly recent addition. I will upgrade and try again.

Frank