Dear all,

I am experiencing some difficulties loading CSV data into it.

I am using the precompiled binary available on the web site for Mac OSX. I
am running OS X 10.9.4 on a Mac Book Pro.

When following instructions to upload CSV on a new database:

sqlite> *.mode csv*
sqlite> *.import My-CSV-file.csv tab1*

I get an error message:

sqlite> .import BD-Costes-17072014.csv tab1

Error: no such table: tab1

sqlite>

I understood that if tab1 did not exist, sqlite3 would create a new one and
use the first line in the CSV file as column headers.

Then I created the table tab1:

sqlite> .tables

tab1

sqlite> .schema

CREATE TABLE tab1 (

CODIGO

DESCRIPCION

TIPO_ARTICULO

DESCRIPCION_TIPO_ARTICULO

NIVEL

CODIGO_MATERIAL

MATERIAL

CàDIGO_SUSTITUTO

SUSTITUTO

FACTOR

FACTOR_X_SKU

UNIDAD

PRECIO

COSTE);

sqlite>

These are the exact same headers as in my CSV file. I removed the headers
from the CSV file and run the .import command again, apparently with no
error.

When checking for the amount of records uploaded:

sqlite> select count(*) from tab1;

1

sqlite>

The CSV files has 2651 records. Apparently, all the records are being
loaded as one huge string into the first db record, AND the first field:

sqlite> select CODIGO from tab1 LIMIT 1;

24873,PULP DURAZNO 0.150 ML X 96,4,PRODUCTO TERMINADO,1,559,COLA PARA
PITILLOS HOT MELT ADHESIVE JOWATERM 25030

[OUTPUT GOES ON TO THE END OF THE CSV FILE...]

Compare this with a query on the second field:

sqlite> select DESCRIPCION from tab1;

Error: no such column: DESCRIPCION

I have not been able to understand what is going on. I am an intensive user
of CSV files for analytical purposes, hence being able to upload them
correctly into SQLite3 is key.

I am suspecting maybe an environmental variable or something like that
needs to be modified, but would not venture without guidance.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Attached the original CSV file and resulting database.

Saludos/Cheers,

*CARLOS A. GORRICHO*
Managing Partner
Heptagon Group S.A.S.