On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Sebastien David <da...@asperasoft.com>
wrote:

> I have a database with 10million of row in one table (file size is ~5GB)
> When I execute a query that should return half of this table, sqlite fails
> because at some point there is  no memory (this is normal) [...]

Why do you think it's normal?

Since your query has no SORTING or GROUPING, there's no reason for SQLite
to use an inordinate amount of memory beyond it's page cache, unless your
callback_cache_filter_check(record_id) function call does some
memory-expensive operation.

That your application code runs out of memory if it stores those 5M rows,
sure, but I don't see why SQLite itself would use a lot of memory in that
case. What am I missing? --DD