Hi Folks

I am using the lemon parser generator for a different project. It
appears that an attempt to pro-actively avoid a 64-bit problem in fact
created one in the first place. I am referring to the following change:

http://www3.sqlite.org/cgi/src/fdiff?sbs=1&v1=445f18999b700d83b83a5d9be00c596546c21052&v2=90f46af31c92b940fec25b491f39409fd95dcdfa

which says in its comment: "Fix a typecast problem in lemon that could
cause problems on 64-bit machines."

One of my users noticed that on Windows 8.1 x64 with Visual Studio 2013
the version of lemon I bundle with my project crashed. With a debugger
he found that the problem is caused exactly by the line the above patch
changes and found that using '(unsigned long)' in the cast solves the
problem. I propose to revert this change. I tested this on Linux (32 and
64 Bit).

Cheers
Ben

P.S: I am not subscribed to the list.
--
"Make it so they have to reboot after every typo." ― Scott Adams

________________________________

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH

Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher Forschungszentren e.V.

Aufsichtsrat: Vorsitzender Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Joachim Treusch, stv.
Vorsitzende Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Thomas Frederking

Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583

Postadresse:
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
D-14109 Berlin

http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de