Hi,
I'm trying to implement a sqlite extension using some string metric algorithms.

My goal is to compare two strings and retrieve the metric.

I understand that to use the argv[0] and argv[1] args inside an
extension function is need to apply to them the
sqlite3_value_text(...) function.

Unfortunately seem that with this approach in some situations the
metric of the strings change.

I see this comparing the results frominside the sqlite extension with
thesame algorithm in a standalone sample program.

I don't know well why is happening this but I guess it is due to the
sqlite3_value_text(..)

Is this possible ? And there is an alternative approach to avoid to
use the sqlite3_value_text(...) ?

Thx,