On 9/23/2014 10:57 PM, Joe Mistachkin wrote:
Steve Rogers wrote:
Reading in order, it says that:
SQLiteDb.LDb3.PrepareCommand threw an exception with the message
'unable to open database file'

Is the database file name a UNC path?  If so, the number of leading
backslashes must be doubled (i.e. four leading backslashes are now
required), e.g.:

        //
        // NOTE: The C# compiler itself needs the backslashes escaped
        //       as well, hence there are 8.
        //
        string fileName = "\\\\\\\\server\\share\\path\\to\\database.db";

--

In my test today, the path was C:\Users\Public because I was installing
on the machine that will be the machine to hold the database file.

I'll need to take these comments into account when I get to a fully
qualified UNC name on the other computers.

I haven't tested that scenario yet, but I will do soon.

But the problem remains that the failure I describe in my message was
when the database file was on the same machine.

I'm hoping that when I get the problem resolved that when the user uses a
file picker to pick the file, that the path I get back from the file picker
will be properly "decorated" with all the necessary slashes.  If not I can
handle that problem.