>From memsql site:
These features can be tuned all the way from synchronous durability (every
write transaction is recorded on disk before the query completes) to purely
in-memory durability (maximum sustained throughput on writes).

>From sqlite website:
The MEMORY journaling mode stores the rollback journal in volatile RAM.
This saves disk I/O but at the expense of database safety and integrity. If
the application using SQLite crashes in the middle of a transaction when
the MEMORY journaling mode is set, then the database file will very likely
go corrupt. So you can go all the ways from no acid (data and journal in
ram), to aci database (syncronous=normal) to fully acid. If you increase
cache size enough you'll have the same as a "in memory" database