On 18 Oct 2014, at 6:25am, aaquib Khan <aaqui...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i have encountered a strange issue lately, i am using sqllite in my windows
> application. The logic in application is, at the start of the application
> db file is created, and it is deleted when the application is closed. Now
> when i again start my application the db file is created but it contains
> old data which was deleted successfully

Do you know it was deleted successfully ?  Are you checking the results
returned from the DELETE, the _finalize(), and the _close() ?

> i even tried to manually
> shift+delete the db file but in vain, the old data comes back somehow, any
> solution for this to not happen.

Windows does some broken caching of some files and ignores what has actually
happened on disk:

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa378870(v=vs.85).aspx>

Pick an unusual file extension nobody else has ever thought of, and try that.
See if that fixes the problem.

Simon.