Sure;
I've duplicated the problem in 3.8.6 and 3.8.7.
I have duplicated the problem on Windows; XP, 7, and 8.1
The file systems are all NTFS.

Later I can try on linux, but I don't have it at my fingertips just now.  I
don't mind trying with other versions of sqlite if you think it's helpful,
but I suspect it's been there forever.  Also, I can read code and step in
the debugger (which I did to find the locking issue, and how it arose, up to
this point).

Let me know!

-dave