TEMP tables get created in database temp; which is located in "a file" or "in
memory" depending on the SQLITE_TEMP_STORE preprocessor symbol and the pragma
temp_store.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stephan Beal [mailto:sgb...@googlemail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 27. Oktober 2014 11:44
An: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Betreff: Re: [sqlite] quasi-bug related to locking, and attached databases....

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Stephan Beal <sgb...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> - TEMP tables get created in the MAIN db (assuming my memory of the
> docs is correct), which means we can (though accidental misuse or
> carelessness) end up filling up RAM with temporary tables (which we
> use regularly to process large data amounts). This is my biggest concern with
> this approach.

In fact, it seems impossible to use any db _except_ the main one for temp
tables:

sqlite> .databases
seq  name             file
---  ---------------
0    main             /home/portal/tmp/bar.db
2    foo              /home/portal/tmp/foo.db
sqlite> create temp table foo.baz(z);
Error: temporary table name must be unqualified

Which rules out use of a :memory: db has the local "main" - we make use of temp
tables with arbitrarily large data sets.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/

 Gunter Hick
Software Engineer
Scientific Games International GmbH
FN 157284 a, HG Wien
Klitschgasse 2-4, A-1130 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 80100 0
E-Mail: h...@scigames.at

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the
intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this
in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and
delete all copies of the original communication. Thank you for your cooperation.